Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Last Day for Effective Oral Communication Skills in English Class

Last Saturday was my last class. During that class we are urge quickly finished our course content and also presenting our second role play for assessment. Mark will given is upon 30%. I already wrote the script for my group member last two weeks. My group is consisting of 3 students including me. Unluckily one of my group members, Suhami was absent. Oh, my! How can do the role play when his role is one of major part in this play. I give him a SMS but doesn’t have any reply. Suddenly, one of girl in my class doesn’t belong to any other group. Fahmi invited her to join our group. She did the pretty good job in memorizing the dialog for her part in short time. Thank to God.

An half of hour before the class dismiss we were ask to seat for the post-test paper. The question of this test is similar to the pre-test paper. Unfortunately, I can’t remember the answer that we were discuss in our second class which in last May but I have more confident to answer that test. After that, we are taking the class photo before everyone is return to their home. To my new friend Fahmi, Suhaimi, Asmawi and his wife Faridah, Izhar, Wira, Sadani, Kak Marzita and his son and daughter, Kak Rozan and daughter, Kak Maznon and daughter, Salwati and others – Nice to meet you all. To my class tutor Mrs. Nirmala – Thanks for your assistance. You’re a great help. Gracias.

Below is our class photo. Half of students in this class are absent during that picture was taken.

Class of Effective Oral Communication Skills in English


My English Tutor Mrs. Nirmala.








Pack-up bag before leaving the class.



Below is our group dialog for second role play assessment.
(Suhaimi part is replace with Sadani)

This role play consist of 3 situation
1. Telephone conversation.
2. Buying movie ticket.
3. Going to restaurant.

Situation : Telephone conversation. (make a date)

Fahmi : Fahmi speaking. Who is on the line?
Bob : Hey Fahmi. It’s Bob calling. Can I talk to your brother?
Fahmi : Just a second. I’ll get him.
(Hold a phone)
Fahmi : Mi, that is call from Bob. He wants to speak with you.
(passing the phone to Suhaimi)
Suhaimi : Thanks Fahmi. Could you please help me to pick the rubbish out site? (pick up the phone from Fahmi)
Fahmi : Ok.

Suhaimi : Hello, Bob. How are you?
Bob : Oh hello Mi. I’m fine, thanks. How are you?
Suhaimi : All right, thank you. I am pretty busy right now. What up bro?
Bob : Say, Mi, what you are going to do tonight?
Suhaimi : Tonight? Oh, I don’t know. I am planning to watch television.
Bob : Well, Asmawi and I, we are planning to see a movie. We are going to see the picture at Berjaya Times Square Cineplex. Asmawi is going to take his wife.
Suhaimi : His wife? That is Farida, isn’t it?
Bob : Yes it is. She is a very pretty and a nice lady.
Suhaimi : Yes I know her.
Bob : Well, would you like to go with us? With me, I mean, really.
Suhaimi : That is very nice of you, Bob. Yes, I’d like to.
Bob : We’re going to leave right after Magrib prayer around 8 o’clock. We are going to have dinner at food court there.
Suhaimi : Oh, good.
Bob : Ok, see you soon. Bye.
Suhaimi : Bye.


Situation : In front of Cineplex.

Suhaimi : Hi, Good evening, Bob.
Bob : Hi, Mi. Good evening.
Suhaimi : Have you been here long?
Bob : Not very long. About 10 minutes, I guess.
Suhaimi : Where Asmawi and his wife?
Bob : Oh, Asmawi just give me a call. They can’t join us tonight. The have got to back to their hometown because Asmawi’s grandfather is dying.
Suhaimi : Oh, I’m very sorry to hear that.
Bob : He was sending a regard to you.
Suhaimi : Oh, really. Thanks.

(Suddenly, a tourist (Fahmi) was show up to them.)
Tourist : Excuse me sir, can you help me please? (Talking with US slang.)
Bob : Yes of course. What the trouble, sir?
Tourist : I’m looking for the exit door. Can you tell me where it is?
Suhaimi : It’s right down this floor sir. Just walk straight ahead. You can see an escalator. You can use that escalator to go down and the exit door is beside that escalator.
Tourist : Thank you very much. I’m tourist. I don’t know my way around yet and can’t read this building map.
Suhaimi : Well, I can understand that.
Tourist : Both of you’re a great help. Thank you for you kind help.
Bob & Suhaimi : My pleasure, sir.

Bob : Shall we go to this movie?
Suhaimi : Let’s see. Let’s look at the picture. Emm.. Oh, no, I guess I haven’t seen this one.
Bob : Today newspaper says it’s pretty good.
Suhaimi : All right, let’s go.

Situation : In front the ticket counter. ( Fahmi will acting as a ticket seller , TS)

TS : Can I help you sir?
Bob : Yes, let us have two tickets for Indiana Jones film, please.
TS : You can choose the seat, sir. As you can see from this diagram, the seat in green color is still available.
Bob : I think seat E10 and E11 is ok. How about you Suhaimi?
Suhaimi : That is very close to the screen. I think from seat B10 and B11 we will have a great view.
Bob : Ok. B10 and B11.
TS : That’s RM 20.00, sir.
Bob : Here is it.
TS : Thank you sir.
Bob : Not at all.
:
Suhaimi : What the time does the show begin, Bob?
Bob : At 9.45, that is in 45 minutes.
Suhaimi : Great. That is enough time to have a dinner. I’m hungry.
Bob : Oh. Let’s go. I also as hungry as wolf now.

Situation : At Restaurant

Waiter : Emm.. Customer again. Today is boring day. I don’t have time to relax.
(grumble – merungut)
Bob : Have you eaten in this restaurant before?
Suhaimi : I haven’t eaten here.
Bob : It looks like a good restaurant.
Suhaimi : May be. But don’t judge a book from it cover.
After waiting a while.
Bob : Why the waiter take a long time to take an order. Does he see we are here?
Suhaimi : I don’t any idea. Can you try to call him?
Bob : Waiter… waiter
Waiter : Yeah, what you want? (In rude voice)
Suhaimi : Can you take an order please?
Waiter : Yeaahhh.. Here your menu. Call me back if both are ready to order.
(Go to the other side)
Bob : That waiter is very rude.
Suhaimi : Waiter..waiter
Waiter : Yup.. Are you ready to order? If not please don’t waste my time.
Suhami : I would like the Chicken fried Rice with Orange juice.
Waiter : And you?
Bob : Chicken Rice.
Waiter : And your drink?
Bob : I’ll have a teh tarik, please.
(Fahmi go to the other side)
Suhaimi : Yup. I’m agreeing with you, Bob. That waiter is very rude.
(Fahmi come.)
Waiter : Hei, chicken fried Rice and Chicken Rice are out of order.
Bob : Don’t you have any meals to eat here?
Waiter : Mee Kung Fu and Fried Kuew Tiau.
Suhaimi : Ok, give me one Mee Kung Fu. And you bob?
Bob : Fried Kuew Tiau. Please make it in double. We are hungry.
(Fahmi go to the other side and come back.)
Waiter : Mee Kung Fu and Fried Kuew Tiau also just out of order.
Suhaimi : So what do you have here?
Waiter : I don’t have any idea. I must ask the cook.
Bob : Never mind. Please cancel the drinks order. We want to get out from here.
Waiter : As you wish.
(Bob and Fahmi get out from that restaurant.)

Suhaimi : What are terrible restaurant. It can make me sick. Do we have time bob?
Bob : Yes, we have. It about 20 minutes. It’s better if we go to the fast food restaurant.
Suhaimi : There are KFC and Mc D near from here. Which would you prefer? KFC or Mc D.
Bob : I would prefer KFC.
Suhaimi : Ok, let’s go.

0 comments: