Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What does he look like and I used to...

I have attended English classes on last Saturday and Yesterday. For the first class we have learned ways of describing people. We were learning how to describe a person from various aspects such as faces, character, height and build. When we learn how describing the body builds of your friend, I think my tutor will describing me is plump/fat but she said; I am stocky and have a broad shoulder (wat kembang jer). He..he.. In this unit we also learned the correct grammar in using verbs.


If we use do, does, did and can- we can used word with ending by ing, es and ed


would, could - can use ... ing


has or have - must use present prefect tense


For unit 'I used to', we were introduced to language structures that are used in describing or talking about how things were and things you someone used to do. We also have been given the dialogues and role plays for further practice. As usual, I was be chosen as a ‘prey’!


How thing were - something in past


Example of practice: The motor-cars of the fourties used to have lower engine capacity but present day the cars have higher engine capacity.


0 comments: